[Madison Avenue wants you to click here!]
* I have to apologize for the third appearance of the Boker Tree Brand Knives here--or do I? Aren't those animated utensils very cute? Wouldn't you smile through your screams as they appeared in your kitchen one night, as in some horror movie, to whittle you away?
* I bet Lesser-Known Icons maven John Crowley will recognize the Carling's Ale Red Cap Man.
* Is that big hayseed touting Vernell's Buttermints releated to Paul Bunyan?
* James Dishwashers: isn't every butler who's not named Jeeves named James?
* Finally, Madison Avenue's deepest koan: why would a company with the powerful and obvious animal symbol attendant on its name--Wolverine--choose a horse/chess piece as its icon instead?
Posted by Paul DiFi.